Monday 31 May 2010

Silhouettes Display



I first spotted this Unilever logo at Tate Modern about 5 years ago. As sponsors of the work that appears in the Turbine Hall, the Unilever Series has become a media talking point with images of Olafur Eliasson's The Weather Project appearing in any article about Tate Modern.



Then a few days ago, CR Blog posted about Waterstones rebrand. I passed one of the new logo variants displayed in my local branch window as I walked through town last week.



On the same walk through Ipswich, I also noticed Arlingtons brasserie logo.

Does anyone spot a theme going on here?

Only another 23 characters to find and I've got myself a display font of type constructed of silhouettes.


Links:
Unilever
Waterstones
Arlingtons
Waterstones rebrand, CR Blog

1 comment:

Yviemarie said...

Really interesting project coming along, I think I have seen this style especially on Christmas catalogues.